Saturday, July 11, 2009

Paz & Rodrigo

One of the reasons for my last vacation in Spain was to go to a wedding. Two of my best friends from the University times were joining the club. When I arrived I noticed that they had no photographer so I asked them if they wanted some photos. Since the wedding was in Asturias, a really beautifull region, I had taken the camera with the 17-55 f2.8, the 50 1.8 and my new 85 f1.8. The lens combination was perfect since most of the time I had to shoot in really low light and with quite high ISO.

This was not the first time that I photograph a wedding and I think I am getting better at it. I am very happy how things turned out. A couple of issues to notice for next time:

- I did not have anywhere to leave the lenses while I was changing them so they went into the jacket pockets. I need to get a belt or a similar solution.

- I had no difuser or reflector for the outside portraits. I ended up using the reflector for the windshield from anothers friend car.

- I had no external flash and had to use the internal one to kill shadows. It looked horrible. I managed to change the color and difuse it a bit making it go through a bottle of apple juice. The end result looks cool, I have to try it another time.

Well here are a few pictures, if you want to see the whole set you can download this slideshow in pdf. Once it is completely loaded, just click on the gray frame to go to the next image.Be patient it is 10MB.

I am interested in any feedback so please leave a comment if you like it; if you don't; or, even better, if you have suggestions for improvement. Thanks!

We know who is in charge here.




85 mm @ 1.8




My friend Carlos will need a new windshield reflector after this.

No comments: